I'm proud to present my newest addition to the Santa Propaganda Posters! My 2017 poster took was inspired by a WWII image painted by the legendary N.C. Wyeth. I'm super proud of this one, and I'll be taking pre-order requests via my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BrianTheSwankyOne
I'm also proud to Introduce our newest book through, Believe In Wonder Publishing –
Nicholas and Sabina in THE BUSY SEASON.
COMING NOVEMBER 25TH!!#BelieveInWonder #SantaPropaganda #Christmas#NicholasandSabina
Although won't be making our AK trip this month, we are still keeping Believe In Wonder active in the community. We'll be tabling at East Portland Arts + Literary Festival this weekend! #BelieveInWonder #diversityinpublishing
Here is more info on the event:
Join us for this full-day festival led by artists of color exploring what it means to immigrate, migrate, and find home -- the first of its kind hosted by APANO in East Portland!
JAMS' empty 8,000 square feet will be transformed into four immersive stages featuring visual art, film, performance, storytelling, plus a book & craft fair with local writers and creators. This festival is the LAST public event at the Jade/APANO Multicultural Space (JAMS) before it is demolished and transformed into a mixed-use development, community center, and affordable housing!
Stay tuned for our official lineup to be announced shortly!
Suggested Donation: $5
No one will be turned away for lack of funds
Access: JAMS is ADA-accessible, with one ramp leading to the main entrance on SE 81st Avenue and one ADA-accessible restroom. There will be amplified sound and some stage lighting. ASL interpretation for Main Stage performances will be provided and for R&R Lounge programs on request. Please note that the capacity of JAMS is 400, and we may need to turn guests away if in the rare case the venue reaches capacity.
This event is part of MicCheck!, a summer cultural event series organized by the Arts & Media Project (AMP) at the Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon. MicCheck! utilizes the arts to illuminate pressing issues affecting Asians and Pacific Islanders and multiracial communities of color. Visit apano.org/mic-check for the full lineup.
Thanks to our sponsors Enterprise Community Partners, Umpqua BankBank, and KBOO Community Radio
YOU CAN RELY ON PLATYPI books 1-3 are now available at Amazon.com! Each book will be printed as perfect bound, matte covered graphic novels. Believe In Wonder is proud to make these available to you!
Here are the links!
BOOK 1: The Cog http://a.co/43TEZTj
BOOK 2: The Lever http://a.co/8Z4NHg2
BOOK 3: The Hammer http://a.co/ao0wajb
Inspired, enlightened, and exhausted! Good bye to another year at 2nd Star, and to our 2nd Star family :) LOVE YOU ALL♥ ♥ ♥ #BelieveInWonder#2ndStar
IT'S DONE!! Believe In Wonder Publishing and the Parker Family are excited to present OBI THE CHANGELING – the debut of Josie Parker's original story. OBI is inspired by the beauty of the East African, fairy tales and culture, and by the incredible bond of family. During our Facebook release, we'll have a link to purchase the book from Amazon, and we'll also be live posting with insights into our creative process, including:
• Writing process and inspirations
• Page layout and design
• Illustration process
• Self-publishing elements
PLEASE JOIN US!
Book summary: Obi is a child of two worlds, born from magic and the deepest wish of his mother and father. Follow his interesting life as he meets fairy spirits and discovers his true gifts and purpose.
PRESS RELEASE« Big things coming this fall!
The Believe In Wonder family is coming out of a year of trials, tribulations, and triumphs, and we’re coming out better than ever! Many thanks to our supporters, fans, family and friends for their encouragement, excitement about the work we are doing, and their continued patronage. In the past months, we have had opportunities to table at great events, and the privilege to speak to groups and students about the importance of diversity in publishing and the need for creative education for young people.
We’re happy that we can be an example of how much determined and positive creatives can do for their community no matter their social or economic status. We all have the potential to make a difference. With fall just around the corner, we have a couple of big announcements that we’re happy to share with you.
● Obi the Changeling by Josie Parker, Illustrated by Brian W. Parker. AUGUST 1ST
● You Can on Platypi graphic novel series is coming to Amazon! AUGUST 31ST
● You Can Rely on Platypi Book 3 (finally!) AUGUST 31ST
● Crow in the Hollow, A New World Fantasy 2nd Edition - featuring new illustrations and character bios.
● Social Media Book Release! August 1st, Brian and Josie Parker (and maybe Victor) will be taking some time out to answer your questions about small press publishing, self-publishing, illustration, diversity advocacy, foster parenting, and anything else you can think of a Facebook book release. Bring your questions!
● SCBWI/AWG Writer’s Conference in Anchorage, AK - We’re heading home folks! After being awarded the Professional Development Grant from Portland Regional Arts and Cultural Council, Believe In Wonder will be attending this year’s writers conference in Anchorage. We’ll also be tabling at the event, so be sure to make plans to grab a copy of our books!
● Keynote Speakers @ Pioneer Con in Birmingham, AL - We are excited to be special guests at this fun and exciting event. In conjunction with convention, we will also be reading from The Wonderous Science as a part of the Nitty Gritty Magic City Reading Series at DISCO /http://www.discobham.com/
It's almost been a year since the launch of Oregon Reads Aloud from SMART! What an incredible experience. I feel very blessed to have been paired with Valarie Pearce to contribute to this wonderful book. <3 Check out the video! #SMARTBook #OregonReadsAloud #BelieveInWonder
We are proud to announce Believe In Wonder Publishing will be releasing our newest picture book this summer! May I introduce, Obi the Changeling! Written by Josie Parker, and illustrated by Brian Parker. Be on the lookout for our live book release on Facebook – COMING SOON! #BelieveInWonder #weneeddiversebooks #diversityinpublishing#representationmatters #fairies #fae #fantasy #African #fairytale
Believe in Wonder