YOU CAN RELY ON PLATYPI books 1-3 are now available at Amazon.com! Each book will be printed as perfect bound, matte covered graphic novels. Believe In Wonder is proud to make these available to you!
Here are the links!
BOOK 1: The Cog http://a.co/43TEZTj
BOOK 2: The Lever http://a.co/8Z4NHg2
BOOK 3: The Hammer http://a.co/ao0wajb
Inspired, enlightened, and exhausted! Good bye to another year at 2nd Star, and to our 2nd Star family :) LOVE YOU ALL♥ ♥ ♥ #BelieveInWonder#2ndStar
IT'S DONE!! Believe In Wonder Publishing and the Parker Family are excited to present OBI THE CHANGELING – the debut of Josie Parker's original story. OBI is inspired by the beauty of the East African, fairy tales and culture, and by the incredible bond of family. During our Facebook release, we'll have a link to purchase the book from Amazon, and we'll also be live posting with insights into our creative process, including:
• Writing process and inspirations
• Page layout and design
• Illustration process
• Self-publishing elements
PLEASE JOIN US!
Book summary: Obi is a child of two worlds, born from magic and the deepest wish of his mother and father. Follow his interesting life as he meets fairy spirits and discovers his true gifts and purpose.
PRESS RELEASE« Big things coming this fall!
The Believe In Wonder family is coming out of a year of trials, tribulations, and triumphs, and we’re coming out better than ever! Many thanks to our supporters, fans, family and friends for their encouragement, excitement about the work we are doing, and their continued patronage. In the past months, we have had opportunities to table at great events, and the privilege to speak to groups and students about the importance of diversity in publishing and the need for creative education for young people.
We’re happy that we can be an example of how much determined and positive creatives can do for their community no matter their social or economic status. We all have the potential to make a difference. With fall just around the corner, we have a couple of big announcements that we’re happy to share with you.
● Obi the Changeling by Josie Parker, Illustrated by Brian W. Parker. AUGUST 1ST
● You Can on Platypi graphic novel series is coming to Amazon! AUGUST 31ST
● You Can Rely on Platypi Book 3 (finally!) AUGUST 31ST
● Crow in the Hollow, A New World Fantasy 2nd Edition - featuring new illustrations and character bios.
● Social Media Book Release! August 1st, Brian and Josie Parker (and maybe Victor) will be taking some time out to answer your questions about small press publishing, self-publishing, illustration, diversity advocacy, foster parenting, and anything else you can think of a Facebook book release. Bring your questions!
● SCBWI/AWG Writer’s Conference in Anchorage, AK - We’re heading home folks! After being awarded the Professional Development Grant from Portland Regional Arts and Cultural Council, Believe In Wonder will be attending this year’s writers conference in Anchorage. We’ll also be tabling at the event, so be sure to make plans to grab a copy of our books!
● Keynote Speakers @ Pioneer Con in Birmingham, AL - We are excited to be special guests at this fun and exciting event. In conjunction with convention, we will also be reading from The Wonderous Science as a part of the Nitty Gritty Magic City Reading Series at DISCO /http://www.discobham.com/
It's almost been a year since the launch of Oregon Reads Aloud from SMART! What an incredible experience. I feel very blessed to have been paired with Valarie Pearce to contribute to this wonderful book. <3 Check out the video! #SMARTBook #OregonReadsAloud #BelieveInWonder
We are proud to announce Believe In Wonder Publishing will be releasing our newest picture book this summer! May I introduce, Obi the Changeling! Written by Josie Parker, and illustrated by Brian Parker. Be on the lookout for our live book release on Facebook – COMING SOON! #BelieveInWonder #weneeddiversebooks #diversityinpublishing#representationmatters #fairies #fae #fantasy #African #fairytale
Grant update: I received one of three Honorable Mentions for the The Speculative Literature Foundation as the winner of the 2016 Working Class Writers Grant! One of the jurors said this about #TheWonderousScience:
"This is gorgeous and very well told. I liked the descriptions, the characterization, and the speed with which the plot began to unfold. There's a delightful sense of fun. A nice job of showing and not just telling. I would absolutely buy this book."
Get your copy today! http://a.co/dHwRBLI
#MysteriesoftheLaurelSociety #diversityinpublishing #diversityincharacters#representationmatters #afrofuturism #steampunk #kidlit #blackgirlsaremagic
Hey all! Looks like I'll be at Everygreen Middle School's Comic Con again this year! What a great group of students – I love getting a chance to geek out with them. We've been provided this amazing opportunity by our friend, fellow creative, and writing teacher, Sean Fishback. His inspiring students are working on great things in his class, and we look forward to getting a chance to talk about authorship, diversity in publishing, and telling personal and compelling stories. #BelieveInWonder
We had the pleasure to speak on a panel with other POC creators recently an event at High & Low Gallery titled Whitenoise Project 3: Between the Panels. What a great discussion about diversity of characters, representation in the world of publishing, equity in storytelling and the hard work ahead. We were happy to be a part of the conversation. Even Victor got in on it! :)#BelieveInWonder
Believe in Wonder