PRESS RELEASE« Big things coming this fall!
The Believe In Wonder family is coming out of a year of trials, tribulations, and triumphs, and we’re coming out better than ever! Many thanks to our supporters, fans, family and friends for their encouragement, excitement about the work we are doing, and their continued patronage. In the past months, we have had opportunities to table at great events, and the privilege to speak to groups and students about the importance of diversity in publishing and the need for creative education for young people.
We’re happy that we can be an example of how much determined and positive creatives can do for their community no matter their social or economic status. We all have the potential to make a difference. With fall just around the corner, we have a couple of big announcements that we’re happy to share with you.
● Obi the Changeling by Josie Parker, Illustrated by Brian W. Parker. AUGUST 1ST
● You Can on Platypi graphic novel series is coming to Amazon! AUGUST 31ST
● You Can Rely on Platypi Book 3 (finally!) AUGUST 31ST
● Crow in the Hollow, A New World Fantasy 2nd Edition - featuring new illustrations and character bios.
● Social Media Book Release! August 1st, Brian and Josie Parker (and maybe Victor) will be taking some time out to answer your questions about small press publishing, self-publishing, illustration, diversity advocacy, foster parenting, and anything else you can think of a Facebook book release. Bring your questions!
● SCBWI/AWG Writer’s Conference in Anchorage, AK - We’re heading home folks! After being awarded the Professional Development Grant from Portland Regional Arts and Cultural Council, Believe In Wonder will be attending this year’s writers conference in Anchorage. We’ll also be tabling at the event, so be sure to make plans to grab a copy of our books!
● Keynote Speakers @ Pioneer Con in Birmingham, AL - We are excited to be special guests at this fun and exciting event. In conjunction with convention, we will also be reading from The Wonderous Science as a part of the Nitty Gritty Magic City Reading Series at DISCO /http://www.discobham.com/